Many schools are now getting into the trend of purchasing disposable headphones for their students. With the congested outlook of school, no one would want to listen to what someone else is listening to or watching. It would create a sense of havoc in schools or classrooms. Their portability creates ease in travel and reduces the chances of breakage. Students put them over or on the head. They use magnetism to transmit sound by conversion of electrical energy. It is technically like walking around with speakers. Why are more and more students to the idea of having disposable earphones?
This read seeks to look into the benefits of owning a set.
Advantages of Disposable Headphones
• Affordable. Disposable earphones are quite affordable, especially when bought in bulk, making them readily available. Who does not like free items? These headphones provide listening for in schools, airlines, and other promotional events and places.
• Minimal contamination. With readiness in availability, contamination is the next big issue. No one would like to use a headset that has already been in use by a considerably large number of people. The headphones come to direct contact with the ears which are very sensitive parts. Shared use of headphones leads to painful ear conditions and diseases like inflamed eardrums.
• Flexible application or use. This feature makes them usable anywhere. Just because they utilize future trends does not mean they are not accessible in the library. Using them everywhere creates convenience for children who are school goers as they can double-up their use in school and during trips.
• Freely available. Most airlines, theaters, hospitals, buses, and trains have got into the service of providing for headphones to their clients. Most industries are opting for these disposable headphones.
• Promote creativity. The isolated feeling that headphones offer creates a serene environment for thinking and concentration. Creativity is useful for students who are aiming at fostering their talents and guarantees a fun way of keeping children, specifically adolescents, out of trouble due to idleness. The problem here refers to drug and theft-related situations.
• Promotes learning. Headphones give children a different learning environment that can be related to quickly encouraging children to be more involved in learning through reading audiobooks and listening to classes. They also promote concentration as they reduce distraction. Disposable headphones also support a real anger or agitation coping system in children as they are prone to anxiety when they lose or break things. It proves to be difficult for teachers to individually provide quality education to each student due to a large number of students in most classrooms. This technological advancement enables the teacher to reach the shy and slower students. The improvement of a student’s learning is sure to breed better education quality shortly. It also makes teaching materials accessible due to the availability of audiobooks. Encouraging learning to take place outside the classroom or school premises is an excellent way to keep education moving within their daily lives.
• Prone to break or get lost. Children are biologically energetic which makes them prone to always losing and or breaking things. With the disposable headphones, this characteristic becomes a non-issue as they can just pick up another set and go on. It minimizes high loss cost.
• Compatibility. The disposable headphones are custom made to be compatible with most devices creating a sense of equality in the school environment which is suitable for child growth and prevents instances of bullying.
• Adjustable. They are adjustable thus can fit school going children of all sizes. They are therefore easily fastened to avoid falling off, and breaking makes them convenient for the academic environment as they are custom engineered for rough conditions.
• Distraction. They act as distractions during trips. No one wants to be trapped in a boring trip listening to unfathomable music. The madness serves as an outlet and keeps the school going children distracted. It also promotes creativity.
• Ensure personal communication. Most adolescent school going children are more into their phones than social interaction. These headphones can be used as an excellent mode of communication as they guarantee focus and attention during conversation. They can be used to communicate with teachers and other students, as they provide an excellent source of privacy.
• Promotes a standard of equality at school. They look the same and produce the same quality of sound. Keeping students equal fosters a sense of equality in the school environment and helps to promote better individuals in society. It also reduces the chances of bullying as they are readily available for all.
• Customized volume setting. The customized volume setting is appropriate for the development of the sensitive hearing of children preventing issues like inflamed eardrums and early use of hearing aids.
However, this does not mean that disposable headphones lack a downside. They exhibit the following demerits that are equally not conducive for the young mind.
• It is not easy to find the perfect fit for disposable earphones. They are all made to a particular size and specification.
• Prolonged use of disposable headphones is not good for healthy ear functioning. They encourage constant use which is not good for the developing ear system of a child. Since the brain tends to stop its normal functioning to aid the ears in their distorting functioning this has nevertheless not yet taken place; however, it should be a warning and care measure to all users of disposable headphones.
• The sound quality is not as high as other headphones.
• It creates a dangerous environment. Headphones are engineered to block out other voices or noises which are not a good characteristic for school going children. It is possible for it to block off essential danger warning sounds like road noises when crossing the road. The sound volume poses an inherent risk that should be monitored, especially in public places as well.